ROADS FOR BICYCLES
There are some beautiful routes to travel by bike around the Puy Saint Vincent resort. Cycle tourism is a very popular activity in the Hautes-Alpes. It is a well-known area with legendary mountain passes that frequently form part of the Tour de France routes. The Pays des Écrins is no exception with some fantastic, well-known cycling routes such as the road to the Pré de Madame Carle, the Col d’Izoard and the Col du Galibier.
Each summer, the Pays des Écrins in association with the Agence de Développement des Hautes-Alpes organises the ‘Reserved Passes’ operation. The idea is simple: cyclists who so wish can ride on roads that are closed to traffic during the event. You will benefit from two itineraries just for you in the Pays des Écrins. The first, the mythical climb to reach the exceptional site of Le Pré de Madame Carle, via the typical village of Ailefroide, with the most beautiful summits of the Écrins as a backdrop, and a finish at the bottom of the Glacier Blanc. The second, just for cyclists, is the road to Puy Saint Vincent. You will start the climb from the village of Vallouise and continue to Puy Saint Vincent 1800 m.
Give this operation a try, it is always a success.
More details on +33 (0)4 92 23 35 80
A FEW RULES TO FOLLOW
Use a suitable bike and protective equipment (helmet, gloves, etc.)
- Choose routes that are adapted to your level and control your speed.
- Never start a module without getting your bearings beforehand.
- For your safety, ride on marked trails and heed the signs.
- Only stop or overtake in clear areas so as not to cause harm to others.
- Be careful and polite when overtaking or meeting pedestrians who have priority.
- Make sure you are insured (Personal insurance and civil liability insurance).
- Respect the environment: stay on the trails and take your rubbish with you.
- Help if you see someone in difficulty and call for assistance if necessary.